Monday, April 23, 2012

Call to action in ourselves

I've been feeling a calling...

Recently I've been reading a lot of blogs who seem to be forming a call to action for paleo women who aren't the athletic type, who are parents, and who are just simply real. I've been scared to answer that call but feel I must, so this blog shall be about my life as a stay at home, homeschooling mother on a very tight budget who doesn't have a lot of space and who has dietary restrictions (ie paleo/primal).

Moreover, I've been feeling a call to get back into the things I used to love to do. I want to draw every day like I used to when I practiced to be a tattoo artist, I want to take pictures every day like I used to for the thrill of it, and I want to write like I used to when I was a competing slam poet. But I also want to do things for myself that I never used to do, like exercise in the free class that my local Crossfit offers and garden in order to sustain my family.

I'm not fully sure what I'm being called to do or how to do it but I feel an agitation and turbulence in my heart. I feel like I MUST do these things in order to be kind to myself and to others. Maybe this is why I've been so focused on kindness and teaching it to Gorgeous...

No comments:

Post a Comment