Sunday, October 23, 2011

Smells of a Homemade Autumn

I can see a series coming on because I absolutely adore this time of year for it's wonderous colors and smells. Warm spiced cider, homemade applesauce, apple cranberyy pie, pumpkin pie, turkey... Oh I'm in heaven all over again. Can you tell my two favorite seasons are autumn and winter? Ha!

Today Gorgeous, my in-laws, my parents, and I carved/painted pumpkins and sat around for an end of the year barbeque. My husband has been sick today so he tried to sleep while I did double momma duty. My daughter ADORED painting the pumpkins for so long and loved the feel of the slimy pumpkin innards. She even had her first slice of pumpkin pie gobbled away in a matter of seconds and wouldn't let us take away her pumpkin cider! She is such a huge pumpkin fan-from the picking to the playing to the eating!

Between her love of all things pumpkin and my love of all things apple this time of year I'm going to be writing up some of my favorite recipes from my childhood with a primal twist. Be ont he lookout for a few Autumn themed posts coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment